End of year procedures
1. Go to the General Ledger module.
2. Go to the Year End Closing tabfolder. ensure! that you have 3140 - Income Summary and 3110 - Capital accounts in you accounting structure.
3. Click Generate Closing Journal Entries button. the totals must balance before proceeding
3. Click Post Closing Journal Entries & Run Year End Routine button.
This is a fully automated procedure that:
-> closes your financial year,
-> creates the next financial year,
-> creates new financial periods,
-> create new chart of accounts and
-> posts the opening balances.
takes approximately five minutes.
4. Go the GL code allocations section and manually allocate the new year's GL codes accordingly, takes approximately 30 minutes.